We are delighted that applications are now open for the Leadership Exchange Programme.
The programme is an exclusive opportunity for our member cities. It will help us to grow cultural leadership in world cities, encourage collaboration, raise ambition, and enable cities to learn from one another. We are hoping up to 15 cities will be involved in Exchanges. It’s a chance to go deeper into a city challenge and find practical solutions working with senior peers across the globe. Funding covers travel and accommodation. Our thanks to Bloomberg Philanthropies and Google Arts & Culture for their continued support of the programme.
Applications will be selected by an independent Jury: Kate Levin, Ruth Mackenzie, Amit Sood, Marina Guo and Guillermo Masutti.
On this page you will find:
- Application Form Instructions and Application Forms (in English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese)
- Budget template form
- Terms & Conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2018 Leadership Exchange Case Study Report
- Key Dates
We encourage all cities to explore ideas with each other and apply.
There are a number of resources to help you; please visit the online World Cities Culture Forum innovative practice and policy database (available here) for inspiration; Culture and Climate Change Report; as well as other publications on our website.
Please be in touch with email@example.com if you have any questions or need any support during the application process. We’re happy to help and look forward to learning more about your exchange ideas!
Application Form Instructions and Application Forms:
- Application Form Instructions (English)
- Application Form Instructions (French)
- Application Form Instructions (Spanish)
- Application Form Instructions (Simplified Chinese)
- One-Way Application Form (English)
- One-Way Application Form (French)
- One-Way Application Form (Spanish)
- One-Way Application Form (Simplified Chinese)
- Two-Way Application Form (English)
- Two-Way Application Form (French)
- Two-Way Application Form (Spanish)
- Two-Way Application Form (Simplified Chinese)
- Multiple Cities Application Form
- Budget template
- Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (please note this document will be regularly updated based on questions from cities)
2018 Leadership Exchange Case Study Report
For information about previously funded exchanges please review our Case Study Report
- 8 October 2019: Leadership Exchange Webinar 5.30pm (BST) - Please be in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to join
- 9 October 2019: Leadership Exchange Webinar 8.30am (BST) - Please be in touch with email@example.com for information about how to join
- 23-25 October 2019: World Cities Culture Summit, Lisbon - The Summit includes a ‘Challenge Session’ on Friday 25 October. We welcome cities to suggest challenge topics for discussion. This is a key opportunity to share challenges and exchanges ideas, as well as explore potential Leadership Exchange applications
- 12 February 2020: Deadline to apply (11am GMT)
- March 2020: Jury Meeting
- Late April 2020: Selected applications announced